Dear YouthRoots Community,
YouthRoots is dedicated to the safety of our students and the greater community. We remain determined to continue our programming for all participants through the end of the program year so young change-makers can complete the community impact efforts they have been working on all year. As COVID-19 continues to spread, the YouthRoots team has decided to take the following actions:
- All after-school YouthBoard meetings from now until the end of the program year (mid-May) will be conducted remotely.
- We will be cancelling all presentations by grant finalists to avoid putting additional strain on nonprofits that are already under increased pressure.
- All remaining Impact Partner meetings will occur remotely.
- As school districts have announced extended closures, the In-School Program is on hold until schools resume. We will work with our partner schools to resume programming in a customized manner that fits the needs of each partner.
- We have canceled the POP! Power of Philanthropy Bash that was scheduled for 5/8. While we are disappointed not to be able to celebrate the collective impact, we’re working on alternatives to commemorate the end of the program year at the YouthBoard level.
- We will support all of our students and families in need by working to get access to necessary supplies, connecting them to resources, and providing community during this isolating time.
- To supplement the remaining student sessions for this year, we incorporated curriculum to help our students navigate their feelings, strengthen their resiliency skills, and explore ways to help each other and our communities.
- The 2020/2021 new student application deadline for Denver-area YouthBoards is 9/20/20. The program year will begin shortly thereafter.
- The summer internship program is currently on hold. If we are able to host interns this summer, we will extend an invitation to apply to all YouthRoots alumni.
- YouthRoots is working remotely as of 3/16. To contact the team, email email@example.com at anytime or call 720-443-3462 M-F 8am-4pm MST. Please note we will be unavailable at our normal office number.
Thank you everyone for coming together and taking preventive measures to keep our communities safe. Our hearts are with you all during this difficult time. We will get through this together.
Remember that the root of the word “philanthropy” means loving humankind. As we look towards an uncertain future, it is ever more apparent that love and compassion toward humankind will be essential traits in the next generation of leaders. YouthRoots is needed in our communities now more than ever, and we’re determined to continue working toward a better tomorrow.